Service Panel Upgrades Toronto Mississauga
Are you looking to upgrade your electrical service panel here in Toronto, Mississauga or in North York ? Old electrical panels tend to go bad after a period of time and one will notice it when the service goes in and out. Even worse, a faulty panel can mean a fire hazard!
Today, our homes in Toronto, Mississauga and North York are expanding with big screen TV's, computers, Wireless devices, larger appliances like washing machines, hot tubs and stoves. The accumulation of all those appliances will give a hard time to your electric service panel by increasing the electrical demand within the household. Therefore, our experts have been working hard on old homes electrical systems in order to comply with regulations and household electrical demand.
Thirty years ago the average new home was equipped with a a 60amp electrical service panel. Then, twenty years ago the average new home was equipped with a 100amp electrical service panel. Currently the average new home has a 200amp electrical service panel that can handle up to 40, 15amp circuit breakers serving the electrical needs of the home.
A few reasoned to prove why there might be a necessity of changing out your electrical service panel:
- If the current electrical panel is damaged and can not be repaired.
- If there is a need for more power to your home for prospective appliances.
- When the outlets are ungrounded and there is a need for more outlets.
- When there is a risen concern regarding one’s safety and one’s insurance company requires an upgrade.
- When selling your house and want to add extra value.
- If current electrical panel is made by Zinsco or Federal Pacific panels since, according to Underwriters Laboratories are not safe.
If one or more of the reasons above complies with your house the please, give us a call because our Toronto electricians can consult you further on why there might be a necessity to change or upgrade your service electrical panel.